iPad mini features a beautiful 7.9-inch display, FaceTime HD and iSight cameras, the A5 chip, ultra-fast wireless and up to 10 hours of battery life.4 And over 300,000 apps on the App Store made for iPad also work with iPad mini.6 So it’s an iPad in every way, shape and slightly smaller form.
The whole package. In a smaller package.
- 7.9-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- 1024x768 resolution at 163 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Dual-core A5
- 16GB, 32GB or 64GB1
- LTE (Bands 4 and 17)2
- UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz);
- CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz)3
- 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- iSight camera: 5-megapixel with autofocus; face detection; backside illumination; five-element lens; hybrid IR filter; ƒ/2.4 aperture; tap to focus video or still images; tap to control exposure for video or still images; 1080 HD video recording; video stabilisation; face detection; tap to focus while recording
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2-megapixel photos and 720p HD video
- Photo and video geotagging
- Built-in 16.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery4
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on WiFi, watching video, or listening to music4
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using mobile data network
- 9.50 inches by 7.31 inches by 0.37 inch5
- 241.2mm by 185.7mm by 9.4mm5
- WiFi model: 0.68 pounds (308 grams)5
- WiFi + 4G model: 0.69 pounds (312 grams)5
in the box
- iPad mini, lightning to USB cable, USB power adapter, documentation
input and output
- lightning connector, 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack, built-in speaker, built-in microphone, Nano-SIM card tray
- AirPlay mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 720p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter; video playback up to 1080p (sold separately)li>
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Mac system requirements
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, OS X v10.5.8 or later, iTunes 10.6 or later, Apple ID (required for some features), internet access
Windows system requirements
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later; iTunes 10.6 or later; Apple ID (required for some features); internet access For a complete set of iPad mini technical specifications, go to http://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-mini/specs
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. LTE supported on AT&T and Verizon networks in the US; Bell, Rogers, and Telus networks in Canada
- 3. CDMA available only if iPad is sold and activated for use on the Verizon CDMA network.
- 4. All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by an Apple service provider. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. For more details of iPad performance tests for talk time, standby time, internet use over a cellular data network, internet use over WiFi, video playback, and audio playback, see www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html
- 5. Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 6. App count refers to the total number of apps worldwide.