iPad 2 features a 9.7-inch Multi-Touch display, front and back cameras, up to 10 hours of battery life,3 and great built-in apps like Safari, Mail and iBooks. And you can discover over 300,000 apps made for iPad on the App Store.5
Still amazing. More affordable.
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen with Multi-Touch technology
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132ppi
- Apple dual-core A5
- UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz);
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz);
- CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz) for Wi-Fi + 3G for Verizon2
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- 2.1 EDR technology
- Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5 x digital zoom
- Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geotagging over WiFi
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery3
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on WiFi, watching video, or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
- 9.50 inches by 7.31 inches by 0.34 inch
- 241.2mm by 185.7mm by 8.8mm
- WiFi model: 1.33 pounds (601 grams)
- WiFi + 3G model: 1.35 pounds (613 grams)
- WiFi + 3G model (Verizon): 1.34 pounds (607 grams)
in the box
- iPad, dock connector to USB cable, 10W USB power adapter, documentation
input and output
- 30-pin dock connector, 3.5mm stereo headphone minijack, built-in speaker, built-in microphone, SIM card tray (WiFi + 3G model)
- AirPlay mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple
- Digital AV adapter or Apple VGA adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video out support at 576i and 480i with Apple composite AV cable (cable sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Mac system requirements
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, OS X v10.5.8 or later, iTunes 10.6 or later, Apple ID (required for some features), internet access
Windows system requirements
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later; iTunes 10.6 or later; Apple ID (required for some features); internet access
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. CDMA available only if iPad is sold and activated for use on the Verizon CDMA network.
- 3. All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by an Apple service provider. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. For more details of iPad performance tests for talk time, standby time, internet use over a cellular data network, internet use over WiFi, video playback, and audio playback, see www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html
- 4. Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 5. App count refers to the total number of apps worldwide.